Buttermilk Waffle Recipe
If you’re going for that classic crispy-on-the-outside/light-on-the-inside texture, paired with the tang of buttermilk, this recipe was made for you.
makes 2 round American-style waffles
Preheat the waffle iron to 193°C/380°F
1. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
2. Add the warmed egg and melted butter.
3. Then add about 1/2 of the buttermilk, and whisk to blend the ingredients.
4. Add the remaining buttermilk, and finish blending the ingredients. The batter will be fairly thin and smooth.
5. Pour the mix into the preheated iron and cook for 3 minutes 30 seconds.
Remove the waffle from the iron and place on a wire rack to cool. When the waffle has cooled below 49°C/120°F, place the waffle back into the iron to cook for 10 seconds longer. Serve immediately.