Cream Waffle Recipe
When using fruit syrups as a topping — or as a starting point for building some flavored waffle recipes — it’s helpful to have a formula with a neutral flavor. The removal of butter and egg yolks tames the overall experience considerably.
Even though these waffles have intentionally been stripped of eggy’ness and buttery’ness — or perhaps because they’ve been stripped down — they’re super smooth and pick up other flavors extremely well. Best of all, the texture is virtually identical to that of the Classic Waffle Recipe — crispy on the outside, light and tender on the inside.
makes 2 round American-style waffles
Preheat the waffle iron to 193°C/380°F
1. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
2. Add the egg white and vanilla.
3. Then add the cream, and whisk to blend the ingredients.
4. Add the whole milk, and finish blending the ingredients. The batter will be fairly thin and smooth.
5. Pour the mix into the preheated iron and cook for 3 minutes 35 seconds.
Remove the waffle from the iron and place on a wire rack to cool. When the waffle has cooled below 49°C/120°F, place the waffle back into the iron to cook for 10 seconds longer. Serve immediately.